Commissioners Regular Meeting
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, December 15, 2008 in the conference room at the county courthouse in Ellsworth.
9:00 a.m.: CDBG discussion re: letter of intent.
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: Employee Appreciation Luncheon
2:00 p.m.: Budget Meeting
Adjustments to the Agenda:
- Approve: Minutes of the November 18, 2008 Commissioners Regular Meeting and November 26, 2008 Informational Meeting.
- Reaffirm the appointment of Robert McKenney as RCC/E-9-1-1 Director, effective December 8, 2008, salary and hours to be determined.
- Discussion: parking
- 5-year facilities plan
2. Emergency Management Agency:
- Monthly Report
- Results of emergency preparedness plan review committee.
- Proposed airline schedule changes.
- Update of 5 year capital improvements program.
- Recognize termination of ARFF Benjamin Verburgt effective December 9, 2008.
- Promote Joshua George from part-time to full-time ARFF, effective December 11, 2008 at Step 8-A $12.62 per hour.
- Request authorization to add an additional part time on call ARFF.
- Approve: Monthly Bills and Warrants
- Accept: Letter of Resignation from RCC Director Linda S. Dunno.
- Monthly report.
- Jail Board Report for November 2008.
- Accept the resignation of full-time corrections officer Amy M. Smith, effective November 19, 2008 and to retain her as a part-time officer at $12.00 per hour, effective November 20, 2008.
- Approval to hire Ben Astbury of Sedgwick as a temporary full-time patrol deputy to replace Deputy Chris Sargent while he is attending the academy. Effective January 3, 2009 through May 22, 2008 at pay grade 12C $17.41 per hour. Benefits to include holiday pay ,comp time accrual, one day a month sick time accrual and a single subscriber health insurance plan to include the life benefit.
- Comp-time buy-back account discussion.
7. Registry of Deeds:
- Bid opening for data back up.
- Deeds progress.
8. New Business:
9. Old Business:
10. County Clerk:
- Approval: FY09 Holiday Schedule.
- Finalize financial manager job description and office location.
- Executive Session: review financial director applications and schedule interviews.
- Discussion: RCC/E-9-1-1 director job description.