Commissioners Special Meeting
Commissioner Percy L. Brown, Jr. called the meeting of the Hancock County Commissioners to order at 1:03 p.m. with Commissioners Joy and Lawson in attendance.
Adjustments to the agenda:
MOTION: to add item #5, an Executive session under MRSA Title 1 ss. 405 6(D), a discussion regarding union negotiations, attendees to include commissioners Brown, Joy and Lawson and the clerk DePrenger. (Lawson/Joy 3-0, motion passed)
MOTION: to enter into executive session under MRSA Title 1 ss. 405 6(E), a consultation with legal council regarding the registry of deeds. (Joy/Lawson 3-0, motion passed)
Commissioner Brown brought the commissioners out of executive session.
|Airport safety area bid opening:|
|Harold MacQuinn Inc.||$2,584,400.00|
|V. Thibodeau & Sons, Inc.||$3,161,839.00|
Bids were turned over to the airport manager for recommendation
|Courthouse trash bid opening:|
|Waste Management:||Opt 1 - $|
|Opt 2 -2 x per week/8 yd dumpster $104.91,|
|Pine Tree Waste:||Opt 1 - $72.00 per week|
|Opt 2 - $68.00 per week|
|Mark Wright Construction Disposal:||Opt 1 - $92.76 per week|
|Opt 2 - $95.07 per week|
|Opt 3 - $78.72 per week|
Bids were turned over to the facilities director for recommendation.
- Commissioner Brown read a statement regarding the commissioner’s position on overtime pay. Sheriff Clark questioned what commissioner Brown meant by “going forward” in his statement, his response was that there are issues with the personnel policies and union issues; adding there will be no change at this time.
- Dispatcher Rolly Means questioned how dispatchers would be paid when following the FLSA and used the example of not working a 40 hour week, but when the employee works a different schedule, currently they are being paid time and a half.
- Commissioner Lawson stated, until we get a new contract, nothing will change.
- Commissioner Brown apologized for not speaking to department heads first; and stated it was an honest mistake that was corrected as soon as possible.
- Sheriff Clark asked that if alterations are made that affect departments, he would like to be notified. The commissioners’ apologies were accepted.
- Sheriff Clark stated that this was a mistake for his office and asked for an opportunity to voice his concerns. He will be given the opportunity during negotiations.
MOTION: to enter into executive session under MRSA Title 1 ss. 405 6(D), in order to discuss union negotiations, attendees to include commissioners Brown, Joy and Lawson and the clerk DePrenger. (Lawson/Joy 3-0, motion passed)
Commissioner Brown declared the meeting out of executive session.
MOTION: to adjourn. (Lawson/Joy 3-0, motion passed)