Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 in the conference room at the county courthouse in Ellsworth.
- 9:00 a.m.: Update: Wicked Good Wellness - Healthy By Choice!
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch
- 1:00 p.m.: Executive Session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(D): telephone conference with Pat Dunn Esq. re: union negotiations. Attendees to be named.
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the January 8, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting and January 17 and 25, 2013 commissioners' special meetings.
- Reschedule: Harland Trust/Quansoo Trust v. Town of Sedgwick tax appeal hearing.
- Deliberations: Fiandaca v. the Town of Frenchboro tax appeal.
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Review and Approval of monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports.
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Authorize the chairman to affirm the audit engagement letter with Runyon Kersteen and Ouellette for FY12/13 audit services.
- Approval of the 125 Flexible Benefits Plan.
- Set a time limit for employees to sign the Salary Reduction Agreement.
- Update: county tax bills and signing of the Recapitulation.
- Update: TRIO Accounts Receivable Statements.
- Authorize the chairman to sign closeout documents for AIP 25.
- Approve the hire of a part-time, on call, as needed maintenance worker at the rate of $12 per hour with no benefits, effective February 9, 2013.
- Authorize airport manager to submit a RFP for airport terminal concessions.
- Discussion: Accounts Receivable.
- Emergency Management Agency:
- Monthly Report.
- Approval of an RFP to replace the main water line from the City of Ellsworth’s main underground to the Courthouse.
- Approve the sale of the portable table saw to offset the cost of a unit more suited to our needs (estimated value $225.00).
- Update: 5 Year Plan and carbon footprint.
- Monthly report.
- Monthly report
- Discussion/acceptance of the communications tower equipment bid from Brown's
- Communications in the amount of $180,199.Discussion: RCC radio maintenance contract.
- Discussion: Acorn software proposed purchase.
- Approval to trade in two patrol pickups for two new vehicles.
- Signature: Equitable Sharing Agreement and Certification.
- New Business:
- Discussion: Scheduling of an evening meeting. (Comm. Blasi)
- Discussion: Policy for Commissioner’s Certificate of Outstanding Citizenship. (Comm. Blasi)
- Discussion: Policy on parties and travel. (Comm. Blasi)
- Discussion: Warrant Review Meeting Policy. (Comm. Blasi)
- Discussion: Posting DRAFT minutes to the website. (Comm. Blasi)
- Schedule: Sutherland v. Town of Brooksville tax appeal hearing.
- County Clerk:
- Schedule: UT Supervisor interviews.
- Executive Session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(A), to discuss a personnel matter and to discuss UT Supervisor applications.