Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 in the conference room at the county courthouse in Ellsworth.
12:00 p.m.: Lunch
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the February 5, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting and February 27th and March 1, 2013 commissioners' special meeting.
- Reschedule: Harland Trust/Quansoo Trust tax appeal hearing for late June.
- Discussion: Continuation of Ken Knight's services for the Bull Hill tower project.
- Outstanding Citizen Award Nominee - John Lounder of Franklin (District III)
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports, update on AR and paperless payroll.
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Review/Approval of Investment Policy. (Comm. Blasi)
- Policy on new hires for health insurance.
- Policy on non-FMLA leave and health insurance.
- Update: internet fiber connection.
- Update: BOC payments.
- Review FAA letter confirming resolve of airport administration fee and prior investments.
- Discussion: Aviation Excise Tax. (Comm. Blasi)
- Presentation: Airport funding.
- Request permission to go out to bid: Airport Terminal Building Renovation and Expansion Project.
- Authorize the chairman to sign modification #2 MDOT contract AIP 29.
- Authorize the chairman to sign modification #1 MDOT contract AIP 32.
- Approve revised job description Airport Maintenance Worker.
- Emergency Management Agency:
- Monthly Report.
- Registry of Deeds:
- Discussion: charging interest on unpaid bills.
- Approve the hire of Ramsey Abraham of Mariaville, on call, as needed janitor at the rate of $12 per hour, effective March 9, 2013.
- Approval of an RFP to replace the main water line from the City of Ellsworth's main underground to the Courthouse.
- Approve the sale of the portable table saw to offset the cost of a unit more suited to our needs (estimated value $225.00).
- Update: 5 Year Plan and carbon footprint.
- Monthly report.
- Monthly report
- Approval of Acorn software upgrade.
- Request leave of absence, without pay for CO Heather Sullivan, , to be reevaluated every 30 days.
- Approve a 3% temporary pay increase for CO Christopher Stanley while working for employee on leave of absence.
- Accept the resignation of Shawn Merchant Sr., effective March 8, 2013.
- Approve the promotion of part-time corrections officer Troy Frye, to full-time corrections officer at Step 9C, $15.32 per hour, effective March 9, 2013.
- Request to hire Nathaniel Jordan of Brewer as a part-time corrections officers, $12 per hour, no benefits.
- Approval to transfer forfeitures.
- Unorganized Territory:
- Update on Board of Motor Vehicle Certification.
- Request approval of use of UT contingency funds to pay 2011 bill.
- New Business:
- County Clerk:
- Discussion: Roxanne Jobe MOU/contract.
- Discussion: inclusion of departmental monthly reports and additional cost associated with expansion of the county website.