Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 in the conference room at the county courthouse in Ellsworth.
9:00 a.m.: Bid Openings: Communications tower equipment and Superior Courtroom renovation project.
12:00 p.m.: Lunch
1:00 p.m.: Old Point, Inc. v. Town of Lamoine tax appeal jurisdiction discussion.
1:20 p.m.: 2011 audit presentation.
Adjustments to the agenda:
Vote: to elect a chairman.
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the December 4, 2012 commissioners' regular meeting and December 14 and 28, 2012 commissioners' special meetings.
- Discussion: HCVFFA request to replace the antenna on the courthouse roof.
- Schedule: Public meeting to discuss Community Benefit funds.
- Vote: to pay travel expenses for commissioners living over 5 miles from the county seat.
- Set: mileage rate for FY13 at .44¢ per mile.
- Authorization for the chair to sign warrants.
- Authorization for the treasurer and county clerk to issue checks up to $1,000.
- Appoint: Department Liaisons.
- discussion Scheduling two commissioners meetings per month.
- Monthly report
- Approve the hire of Alisha Smith of Ellsworth as a full-time dispatcher at Step 9A, $14.44 per hour, effective January 12, 2013.
- Approve the hire of Annie-Kate O'Neill of Deer Isle as a part-time dispatcher at the rate of $12 per hour, effective January 12, 2013.
- Approve the hire of Rachel Allen of Bucksport as a part-time clerk at the rate of $12 per hour, no benefits, effective January 12, 2013.
- Request to upgrade Acorn Recording software.
- Request to go out to RFP for radio equipment maintenance.
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports.
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Restore contingent fund to $100,000 per MRSA Title 30-A §924(1), see §922 (2).
- Reduce tax levy per MRSA Title 30-A §924 (2).
- Approval of 2% Overlay per MRSA Title 30-A §706.
- Treasurer education request.
- Authorize the chairman to sign contract with Hoyle Tanner for Terminal building Environmental Assessment.
- Authorize the chairman to execute a contract with Securitas Security Services for airport LEO service.
- Emergency Management Agency:
- Monthly Report.
- Request to remove administratively, Gladys Dolliver from employment rolls.
- Discussion: part-time janitor position.
- Monthly report to include superior courtroom renovation project, new hire performance and cost of prevention maintenance software.
- Accept the resignation of patrol deputy Christopher Sargent, effective December 31, 2012.
- Approve the hire of Jacob Day of Otis as a full-time patrol deputy at Step 12C $17.94 per hour, effective January 26, 2013.
- Request approval to purchase patrol vehicle.
- Signing of Town of Tremont 2013 contract.
- Unorganized Territory:
- UT monthly report.
- UT Special Projects Coordinator monthly report.
- Signatures: Small Animal Clinic contract.
- New Business:
- discussion: cost of alternative energy.
- cost of heating the facility with
- Standard offer electricity
- Alternative or green energy
- County Clerk:
This information is available on our Web Site at: www.co.hancock.me.us