Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 in the conference room at the county courthouse in Ellsworth.
9:00 a.m.: Natural Gas presentation by Tim Plouff of Dead River Company.
12:00 p.m.: Lunch
1:00 p.m.: ORDER: Lawrence Eaton v. Town of Castine Tax Appeal.
1:30 p.m.: Dave Fowler – First Wind TIF/Community Benefit Discussion.
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Approve the minutes of the March 5, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting.
- Review/Approval of Investment Policy.
- Registry of Deeds discussion: charging interest on unpaid bills.
- Discussion: changing meeting start time to 8:00 a.m. (Comm. Blasi)
- Outstanding Citizen nomination. (Comm. Blasi)
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports, update on AR and paperless payroll.
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Request increase of part-time hours in the OFA.
- Accounts Receivable request.
- Review of actuaries reports for the jail, airport and general.
- Accept and sign Paradis Private Hanger Lease.
- Accept and sign Morris Yachts Lease Addendum.
- Authorize the airport manager to go out to bid for pavement remarking project.
- Authorize airport manager to conduct IFE for Terminal Building Renovation / Expansion project contract with HTA.
- Discussion: Pinnacle Bankruptcy.
- Discussion: Aircraft Registration.
- Emergency Management Agency:
- Monthly Report.
- Request for an employee to work from home for a limited time.
- Monthly Report.
- 5-Year Plan Update.
- To nominate and appoint to replace Jerry Michaud with Paul Gamble on the HCRCC Advisory board with his term to expire in 2016.
- To nominate and appoint to replace Lt. Chris Coleman with Lt. Roderick Charette and renew his term on the HCRCC Advisory Board to expire in 2016.
- Approve: QA Clerk job description.
- Request to reevaluate/extend a leave of absence without pay for CO Heather Sullivan.
- Approval to sell Unit 59.
- Unorganized Territory:
- Approve the hire of Millard Billings of Franklin as UT Supervisor, at the rate of $25 per hour, effective April 6, 2013.
- New Business:
- Schedule: Stewart v. the Town of Deer Isle Tax Appeal Hearing.
- County Clerk:
- Signatures: EMDC/R. Jobe contract.
- Executive Session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(A) to discuss and to discuss a personnel matter.