Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 7, 2013, in the conference room at the county courthouse in Ellsworth.
9:00 a.m.: Bid Openings: Masonry Waterproofing,
Fuel Oil, Telephone Service, Crown Victoria.
12:00 p.m.: Lunch
1:00 p.m.: Executive session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(D):
conference call with P. Dunn Esq. to discuss union mediation.
EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION: Patrol Deputy Luke Gross- 10 YRS.
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the April 2, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting and April 19, 2013 commissioners' special meeting.
- Rescind: April 2nd motion to institute a 7% APR interest policy in the Registry of Deeds for past due accounts that are more than 30 days overdue.
- Approve: Community Benefits Application and scoring. (Comm. Blasi)
- Approve: Airline Lodge and Snack Bar retail off-premise malt liquor license.
- Discussion: "Use of County Equipment Policy" potential revisions. (Comm. Blasi)
- Request: That the CFO teach select office staff health insurance financials. (Comm. Blasi)
- Reaffirm: Commissioners' Office / OFA Organizational Chart
- Unorganized Territory:
- Monthly Report:
- Report - April 30, 2013 Legislative Hearing LD1222.
- Accept the resignation of Airport Manager, M. Allison Rogers, effective May 24, 2013.
- Review transitional plan for airport operations.
- Enplanement Report: Quarter 1
- Affirm: Selection of Terminal Building bid.
- Authorize the chairman to sign grant offer for Terminal Building Renovation / Expansion Project.
- Authorize the chairman to sign construction administration contract with Holye Tanner & Assoc. for the Terminal Building Expansion Renovation Project based on negotiations from IFE.
- Authorize chairman to sign the grant application for the Pavement Remarking Project.
- Bid recommendations for masonry project and fuel contract.
- Monthly report:
- To promote CO Michael Pileski to CPL at Step 10F2, $17.64 per hour, effective May 11, 2013.
- To hire Brooks Deans of Orrington as a part-time, on call, as needed Corrections Officer at the rate of $12 per hour, effective May 11, 2013. No benefits included.
- Approval to transfer forfeitures.
- Award of bid for 2005 Ford Crown Victoria.
- Discussion: Condition of certain used cruisers and repair plans.
- Approval: to seek bids for trading in 2009 pick-up cruiser for new pick-up.
- Approval to pay CD Richard Bishop $300 from account 07-01-140 for on-call supervisory coverage of the RCC in the absence of the director from May 3, to May 10, 2013.
- To appoint Glen Grant to the HCRCC Advisory Board as a representative from District 7 Police Chief's with his term to expire in 2015.
- To appoint Robert Grindle to the HCRCC Advisory Board as a representative from the Hancock County Firefighters Assn. with his term to expire in 2015.
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports, update on AR and paperless payroll.
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Updates: Fiber, Audit - General Fund, Airport and A133, Actuarial - General Fund and Board of Corrections.
- Request: Treasurer to discuss the audit. (Comm. Blasi)
- New Business:
- County Clerk: