Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 in the conference room at the County Courthouse in Ellsworth. Unfinished business from the June 4th meeting will be heard at a Special Meeting to be held on June 7th beginning at 8:00 a.m.
8:30-10:30 a.m. Airport terminal building expansion/renovation workshop.
10:30-12:00 p.m. Airport Manager interviews.
12:00-12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30-1:00 p.m. Executive session under MRSA Title 1, §405 6(D) conference call with P. Dunn Esq., to discuss union mediation.
1:00 p.m.: Acadia Benefits presentation.
2:00 p.m.: Dave Fowler First Wind TIF discussion.
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the May 4, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting and May21, 2013 commissioners' special meeting.
- Discussion: Airport excise tax, response to Stockton Smith concerns.
- Reschedule the Stewart v. the Town of Deer Isle tax appeal hearing to a date in July.
- Discussion: reconsideration of Sutherland v. the Town of Brooksville tax appeal decision.
- Airport cab drivers discussion. (Comm. Blasi on behalf of Ted Springer)
- Request: Monthly summary of Machias Savings accounts/balances. (Comm. Blasi)
- Discussion: Meeting attendance.(Comm. Blasi)
- Approve: BOC Spokesperson. (Comm. Blasi)
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports, update on AR and paperless payroll, discussion
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Treasurers report on the audit. (Comm. Blasi)
- Discussion: WEX state fuel contract
- Request to upgrade to Windows Suite 2013
- Discussion: RFP for roof engineering study.
- Monthly Report: to include propane conversion details, publishing of our water service & stair upgrades
- Unorganized Territory:
- Monthly Report
- Approve RFP for Martin's Ridge Road work
- Approve renewal contracts for solid waste removal for Eagle Island, T7, T9, and T10.
- District Attorney:
- Approval of Sheriff's, Chief Deputy's and Deputies Bond.
- Update: Status of VWA grant.
- GWI DSL line transition.
- Update/ discussion with Ken Knight
- Monthly Report
- Registry of Probate:
- Request approval to hire Velma Jordan of Eastbrook as a part-time clerk, 24 hours per week at the rate of $12 per hour, effective June 8, 2013. No benefits included.
- New Business:
- Acknowledge receipt of the April 1, 2012 Old Point Inc. vs. the Town of Lamoine tax appeal and table the application until the Superior Court issues a decision on the jurisdictional question with regard to the 2009 and 2010 assessment dates.
- County Clerk:
- Request for unpaid leave of absence.