Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 6, 2013 in the conference room at the County Courthouse in Ellsworth.
9:00 a.m.: Community Benefit Awards
9:20 a.m.: Bid Opening: Waterline / Stairway
12:00 - 12:30 p.m.: Lunch
1:00 p.m.: First Wind TIF and Community Benefit proposal Hancock project.
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the July 2, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting and the June 28, July 12 and 26, 2013 commissioners' special meetings.
- Deliberations: Harland/Quansoo Trust George Wilgram Trustee v. Town of Sedgwick
- Discussion: Distribution of remaining Community Benefit Funds.
- Discussion: Community Benefit Application
- Letters of recommendation.
- Envelope language.
- Reapplication period, if awarded funds.
- Application availability date.
- 2013 2Q Enplanement Report.
- Discussion: Scenic turn-out/seaplane ramp MOU.
- Official Grant Notification for AIP Projects.
- Request approval for the chairman to sign the grant offer for Pavement Remarking Project AIP 36
- Request approval for the chairman to sign the grant offer for the Terminal Expansion Project.
- Monthly Report
- Approve: Waterline contractor
- Approve: Superior Courtroom carpet replacement.
- Unorganized Territory:
- Monthly Report
- Registry of Deeds:
- Discussion: LD559 Increase in Recording and Website Copy Fees.
- Request the approval for the chairman to sign the Property Info Film Services agreement
- Monthly Report.
- Approve: Town of Frenchboro contract.
- Authorize: Advertising for Radio Maintenance RFP; 1-year or 3-year contract.
- Approve: Out-of-state travel to Spillman conference in September.
- Approve: Supervisory coverage while at the conference.
- Request to promote Shelly Melanson of Ellsworth to the position of temporary full-time corrections officer, effective August 10, 2013 at the rate of $13.50 per hour. Benefits to include holiday and sick time. No other benefits.
- Approval to employ Timothy Richardson of Sangerville as Jail Administrator effective August 31, 2013 at an annual FY14 salary of $55,000.
- To remove administratively the following part-time corrections officers from the employment rolls: Scott Baillargeon, Jeanine Curtis, Justin George and Dustin Turner.
- Request to schedule a date for a status meeting with a jail employee presently absent without pay.
- Approval to go out to bid for a cruiser.
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports, update on AR and paperless payroll.
- Commissioner discussion and analysis concerning internal control(s) over financial reporting that is to supplement the basic financial statements (Comm. Blasi)
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- New Business:
- Request to appoint Ian Staub of Franklin and Janet Michaud of Gouldsboro as County Representatives to the HCPC Board of Directors.
- Request to appoint David Sanderson of Lamoine to the WHCA Board of Directors for a 3-year term.
- County Clerk:
- Schedule 2014 budget workshops and commissioner caucuses.
- Approval of 2012-2013 SO/RCC Union Contract.