Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 1, 2013 in the conference room at the County Courthouse in Ellsworth.
12:00 - 12:30 p.m.: Lunch
1:00 p.m.: Acadia Benefits - Health Insurance Presentation.
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the September 1, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting and September 11, September 17th and September 20th, 2013 commissioners' special meeting/budget workshops.
- Approval: Community Benefit Application.
- Discussion/Approval: Scenic Turnout and Floating Pier MOU.
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports, update on AR and paperless payroll.
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Discussion on two County of Hancock checking accounts.
- Registry of Deeds:
- Approve the hire Andi Noddin of Surry as a temporary part-time clerk to do restoration work, paid from the surcharge account at the rate of $12 per hour. No benefits are included.
- Monthly report.
- Approve: an extension of the propane contract with No Frills Oil Company.
- Approve: extension of the courthouse/jail snow removal contract with KJ Dugas.
- Recommendation of a contractor for the propane conversion project.
- Unorganized Territory:
- Bid award for the Martin’s Ridge Road Reclamation Project.
- Monthly Report.
- Monthly Report.
- Recommendation for the RFP for 2014 Radio Maintenance Contract.
- Request/Discussion for an employee leave of absence without pay.
- Request the hire of Tammy Coombs and Kody Carlisle of Prospect as part-time/on call/as needed corrections officers at the rate of $12 per hour, effective October 5, 2013. No benefits included.
- To promote Shane Gross of Brooklin and Brooks Dean of Orrington to the position of temporary full-time corrections officer at the rate of $13.50 per hour, effective October 5, 2013, benefits to include sick time and holiday benefits.
- New Business:
- Request: the appointment of Howard Willinghan to fill an unexpired term on the WHCA Board of Directors.
- Selection of exempt employee performance evaluation form. (Comm. Blasi)
- Discussion: Inclusion of public comment section on the monthly agenda.
- County Clerk:
- Executive session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(a) to discuss two separate employee requests.
*An SO/RCC Union grievance hearing will held immediately following the end of regular business. This may or may not be held in executive session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(A).