Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 5, 2013 in the conference room at the County Courthouse in Ellsworth.
12:00 - 12:30 p.m.: Lunch
1:00 p.m.: Acadia Benefits - Health Insurance Presentation
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the October 1, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting and October 9, 2013 commissioners' special meeting.
- Selection of exempt employee performance evaluation form. (Comm. Blasi)
- Approval: updated Meeting & Agenda Policy.
- Discussion: Community Benefits.
- Discussion: Commitment to Orthoimagery.
- Schedule airport 2014 budget workshop.
- Discussion: Utilization of the next installment of TIF Funds for improvements to the Nicatous Road. (Comm. Blasi)
- Discussion: providing assistance to municipalities for distribution of Community Benefit Funds for Veterans' Exemptions. (Comm. Blasi)
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports, update on AR, paperless payroll and town taxes.
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Request to move revenue to capital professional services line.
- Discussion on two County of Hancock checking accounts.
- AIP 37 construction update.
- Request a motion to implement a change order approval process.
- 2013 quarter 3 Enplanements.
- Post FAA Inspection Briefing.
- 2014 CIP discussion.
- Unorganized Territory:
- Monthly Report
- Registry of Deeds:
- Request commissioner approval to sign contract with Property Info for Simple Search Solution to be totally funded by surcharge.
- Monthly report.
- Approve: purchase of uniform tops for housekeeping staff.
- Discussion: Electrical RFP.
- Discussion: Propane Bids
- Request: to approve the hire of Jessyca Newenham of Franklin as a part-time, on call, as needed corrections officer at the rate of $12 per hour, effective 11/09/2013
- Monthly Report.
- Recommend signing the Phase I contract with Brown’s Communication for the Bull Hill Tower Site in the amount of $115,414.00 for the equipment and installation of it at the tower site.
- Recommend going forward with the e-tips program in conjunction with the Hancock County Alcohol Enforcement Team. The initial cost of $5,937. 00 (for two years) as previously sent to you is funded through the sheriff’s office from monies they have received.
- Recommend the leave of absence without pay of Anastasia Dayhoff-Osage from November 22, 2013 until March 7, 2014. Providing coverage with full-time and part-time employees, with the return of a certified and trained employee on March 7.
- Accept the resignation of full-time dispatcher Jessica Silvestrone and maintaining her as a part-time dispatcher at the rate of $12 per hour, effective November 8, 2013.
- Discuss/Recommend an increase up to step 9A ($14.44/hr) for certified and trained 9-1-1 dispatcher as part-time dispatch pay scale. Maintaining $12.00/hr while training and obtaining certifications for non-certified/trained employees.
- New Business:
- Discussion: Inclusion of public comment section on the monthly agenda.
- County Clerk:
- Executive session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(a) to discuss a three separate employee requests.
- Sheriff's Department executive session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(1) to discuss two personnel matters.
*An SO/RCC Union grievance hearing will held immediately following the end of regular business. This may or may not be held in executive session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(A).