Budget Advisory Committee Caucuses
Commissioner Meeting Minutes
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 in the conference room at the county courthouse in Ellsworth.
- 9:00 a.m.: Bid Openings: Communications tower equipment and Superior Courtroom renovation project.
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch
- 1:00 p.m.: Old Point, Inc. v. Town of Lamoine tax appeal jurisdiction discussion.
- 1:20 p.m.: 2011 audit presentation
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the December 4, 2013 commissioners' regular meeting and December 14 and 28, 2012 commissioners' special meeting.
- Discussion: HCVFFA request to replace the antenna on the courthouse roof.
- Schedule: Public meeting to discuss Community Benefit funds.
- Vote: to pay travel expenses for commissioners living over 5 miles from county seat.
- Set: mileage rate for FY13 at .44¢ per mile.
- Authorization for the chair to sign warrants.
- Authorization for the treasurer and county clerk to issue checks up to $1,000.
- Appoint: Department Liaisons.
- Discussion: Scheduling two commissioners meetings per month.
- Monthly report
- Approve the hire Alisha Smith of Ellsworth as the full time dispatcher at Step 9A, 14.44/hr, effective January 12, 2013
- Approve the hire of Annie-Kate O'Neill of Deer Isle as a part-time dispatcher at the rate of $12 per hour, effective January 12, 2013.
- Approve the hire of Robert Higgins of Hancock as a part-time dispatcher at the rate of $12 per hour, effective January 12, 2013.
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports. Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Restore contingent fund to $100,000 per MRSA Title 30-A §924(1), see §922 (2).
- Reduce tax levy per MRSA Title 30-A §924 (2).
- Treasurer education request.
- Authorize the chairman to sign contract with Hoyle Tanner for Terminal Building Environmental Assessment.
- Emergency Management Agency:
- Monthly Report.
- Request to hire The Sewell Co. for an engineer report relative to the condition of the complex buildings and systems.
- Request to remove administratively, Gladys Dolliver from employment rolls.
- Discussion: part-time janitor position.
- Monthly report to include superior courtroom renovation project, new hire performance and cost of prevention maintenance software.
- Accept the resignation of Patrol Deputy Christopher Sargent, effective December 31, 2012.
- Approve the hire of Jacob Day of Otis as a full-time patrol deputy at the Step 12C $17.94 per hour, effective January 26, 2013.
- Request approval to purchase patrol vehicle.
- Signing of Town of Tremont and Town of Stonington 2013 contracts.
- Discussion/signature: side letter agreement for High Visibility OUI Enforcement grant.
- Unorganized Territory:
- UT monthly report.
- UT Special Projects Coordinator monthly report.
- Signatures: Small Animal Clinic contract.
- New Business:
- Discussion: Cost of alternative energy
- Cost of heating the facility with
- Standard offer electricity
- Alternative or green energy
- County Clerk:
- Executive session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(A) to discuss a personnel matter.