Commissioner Agendas & Minutes
COMMISSIONERS REGULAR MEETING
April 7, 2015
The Hancock County Commissioners will meet at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 in the conference room at the county courthouse in Ellsworth.
EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION: Patrol Deputy Robert Morang for his 10 years of service.
PROCLAMATION: In recognition of National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week.
Wicked Good Wellness: Honors Challenge Award and Drawing.
Tri County Workforce: EPIC Maine Presentation
12:00 p.m.: Lunch
Adjustments to the agenda:
- Old Business:
- Approve the minutes of the March 3, 2015 commissioners' regular meeting and February 20, 2015 commissioners' special meeting.
- Determine policy on Time Trak usage.
- Office of Financial Affairs:
- Approve: Monthly bills and warrants.
- Financial reports and update on AR.
- State of the jail, financial report.
- Approval: expenditures in the health insurance account.
- Approval of capital expenditure requests.
- Update on 2015 AIP Grants.
- Approval of HTA contract regarding the 2015 airport crack sealing project, remarking project, and PCN analysis.
- Request a motion to allow the Airport Manager to purchase a computer for the new Clerical Assistant from Magic Micro Computers, and spend up to $800.00 from account: G2-3010-80
- Request for out-of-state travel for ARFF personnel to attend Live Burn training.
- Request to contract with EMS and Fire Consultant of Chelmsford in order to conduct 2015 contract ARFF training in April at a cost of $4,500 from account G2-3030-22.
- Discussion: update on diesel account E40-10-250.
- Request selection of Sixel Consulting as Air Service Development Consultant.
- Request permission for the airport manager to travel outside the State of Maine on May 6, 2015 to attend an airport marking technical conference in Boston.
- Update: DEP Permit approved for the installation of the floating dock system at the Seaplane ramp.
- Unorganized Territory:
- UT Monthly Report
- Approval of Fire Agreement with Steuben Fire Dept. for T7.
- Approval of Fire Agreement with Franklin Fire Dept. for T9 & T10.
- Request a commissioners special meeting to be held on April 17, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. to meet with Time Warner Cable regarding UT broadband services.
- Monthly Report.
- Authorize RFP for propane vendor to serve all county accounts.
- Accept the resignation of full-time janitor, Margarita Crowley effective March 3, 2015.
- Recommend the promotion of part-time janitor Ramsay Abraham of Surry to the position of full-time janitor at Step 4C, $11.68 per hour, effective retroactively to March 14, 2015.
- Recommend the hire of Ramsay Abraham II of Hancock as a part-time, on call, as needed janitor, at the rate of $12 per hour, effective retroactively to April 4, 2015. No benefits, not to exceed 29 hours per week.
- Request to remove administratively from the employment rolls: Part-time Civil Process Servers, Glenn Grant and Jerry Michaud, Part-time Deputy Ernie Fitch.
- Request approval to hire Dale Wells of Holden and Kimberly Jordan of Eastbrook as part-time, on call as needed corrections officers at the rate of $12 per hour, no benefits and not to exceed 29 hours per week.
- Approval of annual Community Health and Counseling Service contract.
- Approval of annual Safran (fingerprinting and photo machine) contract.
- Signing of the 2015 Town of Stonington Law Enforcement Contract.
- Discussion of academy reimbursement to the Town of Mount Desert Police Department.
- Approval to hire Dana Austin of Ellsworth as a full-time patrol deputy at Step 12B $17.90 per hour, effective April 25, 2015.
- Emergency Management Agency:
- Request approval to hire Edward D. Pontbriand of Gouldsboro as EMA Deputy Director / Planner at an annual salary of $32,000 representing a thirty-two hour workweek, serving alternating weekends in an unpaid, on-call status.
- New Business:
- County Administrator:
- Request to remove administratively from the employment rolls: Part-time Clerks, Tena Austin, Jeri Barnes, and Andrea Noddin.
- Request to increase the Finance Assistant/Clerk position to Pay Grade 8 on the wage scale.
- Approval to hire Pamela Linscott of Gouldsboro as a full-time finance assistant/clerk at Step _ C, to be determined at the meeting, effective retroactive to April 4, 2015.
- Request approval for donation of employee sick time.
- Report on AIP fund deficit.
- Report on Sick Leave Policy, union contract(s) wording and Telecommuting Policy.
- Request approval of updated Buy-Out Policy.
- Commissioners' priorities, by department, for county administrator. (Comm. Blasi)
- Executive Session under MRSA Title 1 §405 6(a) to conduct two exempt employee evaluations.